Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Making Connections

On Monday, we read the story "Good-bye 382, Shin Dang Dong" for the second time.  As the students were reading the story to each other, I asked them to make connections with the story.  Here are some the responses.  I have put the student's cubby number next to their connection.  Here they are..

Cubby Number                    Connections

      16                               * I have had to move away from a good friend.

      15                               * I have not understood someone when talking before.

      14                               * I have moved away before

      10                               * I did not understand a different (foreign) word once.

       3                                * When I moved to HMS, I felt scared because everything was new.

      13                               * They ate melons and we eat melons.

       6                                * I have moved away before.

      22                               * I would feel bad if I left my friend Tiago.

       9                                * One of my friends has moved away before.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment