Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Wolf Island - Making Connections

We read "Wolf Island" in class today.  The students were asked to make connections to the story.  Some students make connections about being curious about something, like the cub wolves were curious about the raft.  Other students made connections with the animals that were SO hungry.  Here are some of their connections...  (the number beside the connection is the cubby number of each student).

1.  I know that a rabbit hibernates in the winter.
2.  (Absent)
3.  I have seen a hole in a tree that could have been a squirrels home while at the Audubon.
4.  I have seen rabbits.
5.  Some people kill living nature like deer. 
6.  I have seen a rabbit.
7. There are tons of animals on the island.
8.  (Out of classroom)
9.  I have seen ice, snow and an island.
10.  I went to Florida and came back.
11.  I have been curious before.
12.  I have been on a raft with my dad.
13.  I wolf lives in my backyard.
14.  (Absent)
15.  I have made a raft with wood and vines.
16.  I have seen a wolf and rabbit.
17.  Rabbits live in my backyard.
18.  I have been on a raft before.
19.  I have seen an island before.
20.  I have seen a wolf.
21.  I have dug through snow.
22. I have seen a wolf on an island before.

No comments:

Post a Comment